July was a big month of new reads, and my August Book Goals are all about finishing some fantasy series (and beginning all sorts of new ones)! My book goals are going to be mostly in the fantasy genre, but there’s also a few historical fiction and murder mysteries thrown into the mix too. After all, why limit myself?
What’s on the TBR list?
It’s a little ambitious, but I’m naming nine novels for my August TBR list because there’s just *so* many good books out in the world these days! So many books, so little time…
- These Twisted Bonds: Lexi Ryan
- When Souls Tear: Karen Ginnane
- The Drowned Woods: Emily Lloyd-Jones
- The Worthy: Anna K. Moss
- Capturing the Devil: Kerri Maniscalco
- The Christie Affair: Nina de Gramont
- A Most Efficient Murder: Anthony Slayton
- The Parlour Game: Jennifer Renshaw
- Carved Amidst the Shadows: M. T. Fontaine
You’ll soon notice that an anticipated release in my August Book Goals is one for aspiring or established authors, rather than a fictional work. I firmly believe Helen Scheuerer deserves this recognition though, because her two series (and counting) are amazing. And this way, authors can get a blueprint on how to have a successful series of their own! What’s not to love about someone giving you a map to the treasure chest of writing happiness?
There are actually quite a few anticipated releases this August, so I’m going to dot point these beauties so you can mark their release dates in your calendar!
- 11th: How to Write a Successful Series: Writing Strategies for Authors: Helen Scheuerer
- 15th: The Worthy: Anna K. Moss
- 16th: The Drowned Woods: Emily Lloyd-Jones
- 30th: The Parlour Game: Jennifer Renshaw
- 30th: Carved Amidst the Shadows: M. T. Fontaine
Happy reading, bookworms! I hope all of you have a wonderful August, filled with all the bookish goodness you could want. Now it’s time to sit back and start a new book…